Call us at : (800) 973-3009 / (781) 961-7887
High enough to sustain life with no blood at all (from 20% to 100% oxygen is an increase of 5 times, from 1 ATA to 2 ATA can double this to a 10-fold increase). Some of the many amazing benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Therapy are that it:
- greatly increases oxygen concentration in all body tissues, even with reduced or blocked blood flow;
- stimulates the growth of new blood vessels to locations with reduced circulation, improving blood flow to areas with arterial blockage;
- causes a rebound arterial dilation, resulting in an increased blood vessel diameter greater than when therapy began, improving blood flow to compromised organs;
- stimulates an adaptive increase in superoxide dismutase (SOD), one of the body's principal, internally produced antioxidants and free radical scavengers; and,
- aids the treatment of infection by enhancing white blood cell action.
One of the world's most experienced authorities on hyperbaric medicine Dr. Edgar End, clinical professor of environmental medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin had this to say : "I've seen partially paralyzed people half carried into the HBOT chamber, and they walk out after the first treatment. If we got to these people quickly, we could prevent a great deal of damage."